Monday, August 25, 2014

Buttermilk Waffles

I use a very basic recipe for these. I make a double batch and then freeze it. They fit perfectly in the toaster for a quick breakfast during the week. I like mine topped with fresh fruit and powdered sugar or for a great on-the-go breakfast I top them with peanut butter.

Buttermilk Waffles

Ingredients

  • 2 cups buttermilk- I don't keep buttermilk on hand, so I "make" my own. 1 Tablespoon of either white vinegar or lemon juice for each cup of milk. Let sit for 10 minutes.
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 1/4 cup self-rising flour- Again, I don't keep this on hand. I only buy all-purpose flour and then "make" my own specialty flour. For each cup of flour, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions

  • Add all ingredients to a blender or mixing bowl and blend until smooth. 
  • For waffles, add batter to a preheated waffle iron and cook until golden. For pancakes, add 1/4 cup batter to a lightly greased, hot griddle. Cook until tops are covered in bubbles and sides are starting to look dry. Flip and cook on other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment